Wooden fences are by far the most popular with FencePro. They add a homey touch to your property while serving many different functions. A Wooden Fence can be used to keep your children and pets safely in the yard, keep out your neighbors prying eyes or just act as a boundary demarcation. The only problem with a Wooden Fence is its susceptibility to the elements. They can warp during the rains, crack during the winter and bleach out (oxidation) under the intense sun and heat. For this reason most Fence Builders treat their lumber or add a stain to the fence once it is completed. Here at FencePro we us a top of the line Oil Based Stain called “Wood Defender.” At FencePro we can pre dip your wood in a stain color of your choice.
Our stains wipe off most metal, glass and non-porous surfaces; therefore, cleanup is less time consuming.
For a streak-free professional finish on your next job, choose Wood Defender®.
Since 1952, contractors have trusted Standard Paints for VOC compliant and environmentally friendly products.
Standard Paints, Inc. offers three oil-based products in the Wood Defender® line.
Each of these products is formulated for a specific application and incorporates the latest technology and finest raw materials available to give them unparalleled performance for their suited application.
They are each manufactured with stringent quality control to guarantee consistent performance.
Each of these products is virtually “Goof Proof”, being extremely easy to apply.
- This fence stain is a unique product utilizing opaque pigments which offer unparalleled ultra-violet protection while still allowing wood grain to be visible. Product is backed by a three year warranty.
- This product has a customized formula designed with finely ground trans-oxide pigments allowing all wood grain to be visible while also providing excellent U.V. protection. The transparent fence stain supports a two year warranty.
- A specialized blend of natural oils coupled with silicone to provide superior protection on horizontal surfaces. Product also supports a two year warranty.
By saturating the surface of the lumber, the Wood Defender® product penetrates into the substrate leaving the fence with an even, uniform coating.
Some of the materials include:
- High quality, deep penetrating natural oils used to replenish and revive the composition of the wood
- Highest quality trans-oxide and finely ground iron oxide pigments that lessen the damaging affect of harsh UV rays while providing ample color choices for consumers
- UV inhibitors to further lessen the effects of harmful UV rays and keep the color consistent through the duration of the warranty
- Synthetic resins designed to promote maximum adhesion and penetration to the wood while beautifying the finished appearance of the wood structure
- The latest available mildewcides and fungicides to repel the growth of harmful mildew and fungus spores that decay wood and turn the fence gray in appearance
- Water-repellent silicone to repel water, decreasing the damage associated with warping, swelling and cupping
- Unique dispersants and anti-settling agents used to keep the product consistent in its container and lessen the amount of stirring required prior to application
No back brushing is required. The products are superior to competitive products that leave runs, drips and an uneven appearance.
The fact that this product is so easy to apply coupled with the fact that it wipes off most non-porous surfaces makes it the contractors’ choice.